Caleb Petersen contemplated pursuing a college degree to change the world. “But they didn’t really have a major for that,” said Petersen, who grew up in Plano, Texas.
Thoughts of working in international or community development through a nonprofit organization eventually morphed into banking.
Petersen has worked as a commercial banker for Simmons Bank’s corporate and institutional banking since that business unit was launched in January 2019. The unit manages the purchase and sale of syndicated loans from a $1 billion plus-asset portfolio.
Petersen joined Simmons as a management trainee in June 2017 after graduating magna cum laude from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville with a bachelor’s degree in business administration with an emphasis in financial management and investing. He loved the diverse experience of rotating through the bank’s core business units for a year.
Petersen is a volunteer with Younglife on the University of Arkansas at Little Rock campus and helped start the central Arkansas chapter of Workmatters in Little Rock.
He has served as a language partner to help others develop better English speaking skills through Literacy Action of Central Arkansas.
- Emerson to Open $35M Ash Flat Plant, Create 245 Jobs 2 days ago
- BOA Invests in Southern Bancorp 2 days ago
- 8 Nonprofits Get $200K In Grants From Walton Family Foundation 2 days ago
- Searcy Solar, Largest Array With Storage in State, to Turn Dirt Next Month 2 days ago
- At Heifer, A Pivot Both Great and Small 2 days ago