AVP & Loan Officer
First Community Bank
Jonesboro native Gabe Roberts is a finance aficionado.
With educators for parents, Roberts is committed to teaching and helping people, a commitment that led him to one of his bigger achievements: starting and growing the Piggy Bank Program at First Community Bank, which he joined in August 2016.
In this program, Roberts and colleagues partner with elementary schools around northeast Arkansas to help educate children on topics of financial literacy. The goal is to help young people make good financial decisions.
Roberts started his banking career in 2012 as a 19-year-old part-time teller for Simmons Bank, driving to Paragould until a job came open in Jonesboro. He did an internship in the loan department and by 2014 was “doing everything but booking [loans] in my name.”
“I had a lot of good people that helped me and taught me everything,” he said.
A graduate of Arkansas State University and the Barret School of Banking in Memphis, he also stays involved in the community. He’s a graduate of Leadership Jonesboro, has served on numerous committees of the United Way of Northeast Arkansas and serves on the Jonesboro High School Advisory Committee.
- Emerson to Open $35M Ash Flat Plant, Create 245 Jobs 2 days ago
- BOA Invests in Southern Bancorp 2 days ago
- 8 Nonprofits Get $200K In Grants From Walton Family Foundation 2 days ago
- Searcy Solar, Largest Array With Storage in State, to Turn Dirt Next Month 2 days ago
- At Heifer, A Pivot Both Great and Small 2 days ago