Alex Talley decided to follow her brother into accounting because he “found a really solid career.” But she also found that the job itself suited her.
“I am a Type A personality, and accounting is perfect for people who enjoy order and having an answer. And it’s a constant evolution of learning. I learn something new every day; I’m constantly humbled.”
Talley grew up in Little Rock and earned a degree in accounting from the Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. She joined JPMS Cox in Little Rock in 2015 and stayed on when the firm merged with HoganTaylor LLP in 2018.
Her title is assurance manager — assurance in this context refers to auditing — but partner Gary Cooper said her leadership has been most notable in business development and technology.
“Business development has changed from just doing audits or taxes and really becoming a business consultant,” Talley said. “How can we help our client succeed? That really has to do with learning their business. How can we help them survive in these times?”
Talley has also served her profession as chair of the Arkansas Society of CPAs’ 2018 Women’s Leadership Summit and her community as a member of the Junior League of Little Rock.
- Emerson to Open $35M Ash Flat Plant, Create 245 Jobs 2 days ago
- BOA Invests in Southern Bancorp 2 days ago
- 8 Nonprofits Get $200K In Grants From Walton Family Foundation 2 days ago
- Searcy Solar, Largest Array With Storage in State, to Turn Dirt Next Month 2 days ago
- At Heifer, A Pivot Both Great and Small 2 days ago