J. Baxter Sharp III
President and Partner
Sharp & Sharp
J. Baxter Sharp IIIJ. Baxter Sharp III knew he wanted to be a lawyer early in life. The varied work involved in a general practice suits his temperament.
"It would drive me crazy if I specialized in one area of law," Sharp said. "I like to jump from project to project."
The stage was set for his career path when the native of Freiburg, Germany, was adopted into a family where lawyers went back three generations.
Sharp also is chairman of the board at the family's Merchants & Planters Bank in Clarendon, where he has served as a director since 1991. He has served as a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney for the First Judicial District since 1998.
Sharp graduated in 1988 with a bachelor's degree in German and European history from Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Va. He followed that up with a law degree from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville in 1991.
His love of community service was solidified in college, where duty and honor were emphasized.
Highlights from Sharp's civic involvement include board member and tutor at the Literacy Council of Monroe County, Brinkley City Council, assistant Scoutmaster for the Boy Scouts, Monroe County Heart Association, Lawyers for Literacy Committee and board member of the Arkansas Community Foundation.
- Update: Lockheed Martin Plans $142M Expansion in Camden, Will Add 326 Jobs 2 days ago
- O'Donnell Charged with Capital Murder in Death of Linda Collins 1 day ago
- Arkansas Soap Opera (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago
- De Queen Hospital Owner Leaves Sevier County in the Lurch 2 days ago
- Richardson Sells River Pointe Apartments for $40M 2 days ago