Pine Bluff Plant National Filtration Corp.
Laurie PascaleGraduating from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville with a bachelor's degree in housing and interior design Laurie Pascale, 34, only intended to work for her father for a year or so, until she found what she wanted.
Her dad's business was then called National Wire Fabric Co. It has since been sold to National Wire Fabric Corp., part of the Scapa Group of the United Kingdom. National Filtration is a supplier of broadloom and wire cloth products for the paper industry.
Early in her career her biggest problem was not that she was a woman, but it was her age and the fact that she was the boss's daughter.
"I've since earned the respect of the workers. Once I spent 36 hours straight in a hot paper mill as workers installed our product," she says. And she continuously finds time to get out of the office and walk around the plant and talk with the workers, .listening to their problems and their ideas.
On July 1, she became the first woman president of the Rotary Club of Pine Bluff. She says her goals with the service club are to strengthen the membership and to gain new members. She also serves on the board of the United Way of Southeast Arkansas and is a past board member of the Junior League of Pine Bluff. She has been very active on the Performing Arts Committee of the Arts and Science Center of Southeast Arkansas.
"I appreciate the people [management] who have given me a chance - enough rope to swing or to hang myself."
- Video: Governor, Legislative Leaders Unveil Highway Plan
- Here Are the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Dispensary Scores
- Reuters: Walmart Strikes Deal with MGM for Vudu Content
- Merger to Add First Delta Bank Branches to Armor Bank in 2020 1 day ago
- What's in a Name? 47 Years of Craig O'Neill 5 days ago
- Randy Sims Named Vice Chairman of Home BancShares 1 day ago
- IberiaBank's Greg Smithers Says Arkansas Markets Especially Competitive 5 days ago
- Today's Power Breaks Ground on Solar Plant for Arkadelphia Cooperative 1 day ago