Wright Lindsey & Jennings
Fred PerkinsFred Perkins has the distinction of handling the legal work for probably the most successful initial public offering in Arkansas in the past few years.
The 32-year-old Perkins advised StaffMark Inc. on its IPO last fall and has been the lead attorney on its 13 subsequent acquisitions. Since the offering price of $12 a share for the Fayetteville firm, StaffMark's stock has more than doubled to $26 a share.
He brought StaffMark, then known as Brewer Personnel Services, to the Wright Lindsey & Jennings firm in 1995.
"We started working with them in anticipation of a public offering," Perkins says.
Perkins advised Brewer on two major acquisitions in 1995 and early 1996. That helped Brewer grow large enough that it was able to be the lead firm in the roll-up of six firms that formed StaffMark.
Perkins also assisted in the legal work with National Home Centers Inc. of Springdale in its public offering in 1993. He has assisted on a secondary offering by Hudson Foods Inc. of Rogers and Securities and Exchange Commission work for J.B. Hunt Transport Services Inc. of Lowell.
Perkins wanted to be involved in mergers and acquisitions and corporate securities work for years. Realizing that, he majored in accounting at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville before entering law school there.
In the next few years. Perkins says, he'd like to find other companies in Arkansas who are candidates for going public.
- Donald Tankersley Pleads Guilty to 2 Counts of Tax Fraud 21 hours ago
- Used Car E-Commerce Firm Carvana to Open $40M Center, Create 400 Jobs in West Memphis 18 hours ago
- After Hot Springs, Ritter Communications Plugs Into Harrison 21 hours ago
- Pinnacle Hills Thrives as 'Downtown' of Northwest Arkansas 5 days ago
- Arkansas Children's, Jefferson Regional to Open $17.5M Clinic 22 hours ago