John Cogan Wade
Haught & Wade Law Firm
John Cogan WadeWhen John Wade was trying to decide where to go to college, his father told him, "If you can find a job that you can do well, enjoy doing it, and provide for your family at the same time, you have solved one of life's great mysteries."
Wade, 34, appears to have solved the mystery. He views his decision to join his father-in-law, Bill Haught, in his law practice as a "dream come 'true."
Wade deals exclusively with estate planning, an area of law that affects a broad range of clients because most successful individuals have significant estate planning needs. "The professional gratification derived from helping people achieve their goats keeps my work interesting and challenging," Wade said. "Certainly, if one can be enthusiastic about his career, he has a greater chance of being successful."
A native of Pine Bluff, Wade is a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy and the University of Arkansas School of Law. He received his master's degree from Georgetown University in 1994 and became a partner that same year.
A frequent lecturer on estate planning and taxation issues, Wade has also written on estate planning for the Arkansas Law Review and the Monthly Digest of Tax Articles and well as commentary for Arkansas Business.
Wade is chairman of the planned gift committee of the St. Vincent Development Foundation and has had active roles in the Arkansas Arts center and the Arkansas Children's Hospital Foundation.
- Donald Tankersley Pleads Guilty to 2 Counts of Tax Fraud 20 hours ago
- Used Car E-Commerce Firm Carvana to Open $40M Center, Create 400 Jobs in West Memphis 18 hours ago
- After Hot Springs, Ritter Communications Plugs Into Harrison 21 hours ago
- Arkansas Children's, Jefferson Regional to Open $17.5M Clinic 22 hours ago
- Pinnacle Hills Thrives as 'Downtown' of Northwest Arkansas 5 days ago