Director of Communications
University of Arkansas System and UA Clinton School of Public Service
Ben BeaumontBen Beaumont, 26, has been doing double duty for two years, serving as communications director both for the entire UA System and for the Clinton School of Public Service. Before starting his high-profile job(s), Beaumont worked for the Little Rock Convention & Visitors Bureau, first as a communications specialist and working his way up to director of communications. At the bureau, Beaumont cut his teeth ensuring travel media coverage for the Clinton Presidential Library, which opened in 2004. One of his first duties after joining the UA System was helping coordinate the successful statewide campaign for the $250 million higher education bond initiative in 2006, which Beaumont considers among his most significant professional achievements. Beaumont also helped establish Little Rock's "Movies in the Park" at the Riverfest Amphitheatre and was named 2008 Community Big Brother of the Year by the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arkansas. "I truly believe in treating people kindly, with civility. I believe in civility in the workplace," Beaumont said. "I think if you treat people nicely, that you'll get that in return and go further in the workplace than the other way around — and also enjoy yourself a lot more."
Arkansas Business Staff
- Reuters: Walmart Strikes Deal with MGM for Vudu Content
- Video: Asa Hutchinson Announces Plan to Reorganize State Government
- Fortune Profiles Walmart's McKenna Among 'Powerful Women in Business'
- Sam McFadin Sells Monroe County Duck Club 1 day ago
- Sun Bio Begins Permit Process Second Time with New Product 1 day ago
- Former Insurance Agent Berry Bishop Pleads Guilty to Bank Fraud 17 hours ago
- Big River, Big Gift: Osceola Steel Mill 'Keeps On Giving' 1 day ago
- Little Rock Oilman Files for Bankruptcy 1 day ago