Chief Financial Officer
First Community Bank
Jason TaylorJason Taylor's career path wasn't headed toward banking when he graduated from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville with a bachelor's degree in psychology.
That course was altered when the Batesville native emerged from the university with a master's in marketing/finance in August 1999.
"I enjoyed learning about psychology and how people interact, but I've always been a numbers guy," Taylor says.
His interest in numbers initially led him to the executive development program at Dillard's Inc., his employer during his college days. His post-graduation work for the retailer took him to Little Rock and Nashville, Tenn.
Two years later, Taylor decided change was in order while doing merchandise markdowns on a Saturday morning in a world that seemed to be coming to an end in the wake of 9/11.
His understanding of numbers proved impressive at a job interview with Batesville's First Community Bank and led him back home, where he was promoted to chief financial officer of the bank in 2005.
Taylor serves with the Batesville Area Chamber of Commerce. His past volunteer work includes Big Brothers Big Sisters and seven years of service as president and treasurer of the United Way of Independence County.
Arkansas Business Staff
- #September11th: Links to Arkansas Business' 9/11 Coverage
- Bloomberg: Tyson Nearing Deal To Buy McDonald's Chicken Nugget Supplier
- Watch Video of the Arkansas Marijuana Commission Meeting Here
- Former Walmart ADA & Immigration Director Sues for Disability Discimination 3 days ago
- Where Medical Marijuana Collides With Worker Safety 3 days ago
- Property & Casualty Holds No Luster for Most Lenders 3 days ago
- Opportunity Zones Have Transformative Potential (Lisa Ferrell Commentary) 3 days ago
- Today's Power to Build 1-MW Solar Array Near NAEC Office in Salem 2 days ago