Salter Construction Inc.
Nathan SalterNathan Salter remembers a citizens band radio in the work truck he rode around in as a kid with his father, Gene Salter, who started Salter Construction Inc. of Conway in 1975.
Early this year, Nathan Salter, 38, was named president, and he immediately went to work updating the company's technology. He bought 10 iPads, apps have replaced paperwork at the job site, and the company is using Revit, a 3D drawing program.
The technology is changing, but the hard work and vision needed to make someone's idea take shape have not; the ability to do that, Salter said, is what gives him the most satisfaction.
The company now brings in more than $18 million in annual revenue and has made its way onto Arkansas Business lists several times in the last few years. The first time was for building the Centerstone Apartment Homes, the largest apartment complex in Arkansas in 2010, then for completing two of the top 25 construction projects in Arkansas in 2011, and most recently the company was ranked No. 24 on last month's list of largest commercial contractors.
"That was a big deal, being on the list," Salter said. In fact, he said, making the list was his most significant professional achievement.
Keys to his success, Salter said, are hard work, taking care of customers no matter how small the project and following up on warranty promises.
"You can do 1,000 good jobs. It's the one bad one that really hurts you," he said.
- Video: Governor, Legislative Leaders Unveil Highway Plan
- Here Are the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Dispensary Scores
- Reuters: Walmart Strikes Deal with MGM for Vudu Content
- UCA Chief of Staff Leaving For New, Old Post 1 day ago
- Waste Management: Keep Glass Off the Curb 2 days ago
- Harrison Doctor Allows Suspended License to Expire 3 days ago
- Andrew Clyde's Salary Hits $5.94M at Murphy USA 1 day ago
- Drilling Industry Waits for Bust to Clear 3 days ago