The Metroplan Board of Directors has approved millions in grant funding for 14 projects in central Arkansas through its Surface Transportation Block Grant and Highway Improvement Programs.
The projects are:
- Construction of 5.3 miles of the Southwest Trail in Pulaski County ($3 million).
- Construction of 2.5 miles of the Southwest Trail in Saline County ($1.2 million).
- Improvements to Pike Avenue in North Little Rock ($3 million).
- Completion of the Bryant Parkway ($3 million).
- Construction of 1.6 miles of the Southwest Trail in Benton ($1.04 million).
- Installation of a Gap Creek signal in Sherwood ($276,000).
- Construction of a Highway 31 Overpass Multi-use Path in Lonoke ($436,000).
- Reconstruction of Salem Road in Conway ($750,000).
- Construction of the Power Line Trail in Sherwood ($750,000).
- Construction of a Congo and Shenandoah Roundabout in Benton ($1.18 million).
- Construction of a West Main Street Realignment in Jacksonville ($1.16 million).
- Construction of a trail connection between War Memorial Park and the Children’s Library in Little Rock ($750,000).
- Shannon Hills Drive Bridge Replacement ($200,000).
- Installation of super shelters for riders across the Rock Region Metro service area ($256,000).